Monday, August 01, 2005

Pioneer Day in Delta

The ward thinks we're inactive - two weeks away, and they're wondering where we've been! Family has a way to congregate in the summertime and there's just no way around it. Last weekend it was a whirlwind of a trip to Delta where the whole clan (grandparents, siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, first-fifth cousins...) got together for a huge family reunion. We had an "Our Family Only" day at the reservoir with a boat, a couple of jet skis, inner tubes, and a ton of kids to keep an eye on. N. got to learn how to drive a boat and had a blast pulling everyone on the inner tube. I made the mistake of joining the 14 year old boys on their ride (they really wanted some extra weight so the tube wouldn't flip over!). Oh BOY was it a ride, but I was sore for quite a few days! My attempts at waterskiing behind a jet ski were a joke, but I'll try it again someday. I can't remember anyone's name, but we made some family friends and look forward to another reunion soon!

No comments: