Friday, June 30, 2006

The Newest World Cup Fanatics

I've never been one to sit down and watch a basketball or football game on TV. I wondered how anyone could have the patience or interest to watch any professional sport! And yet here I am, day after day, yelling and jumping at the big screen as the Brazillian soccer team takes on the world. The longest, some say boring, sport around has me acting like a crazy woman! Dressed in my Brazil shirt, it helps to have my yellow-clad husband cheering beside me as we watch the legendary Ronaldo score his 14th World Cup Goal - the most of any player EVER! We wrote down the scores of every game and tried to guess who would win. We nearly cried when the US didn't make it to the Round of 16! The best matches are the Brazillian matches, of course. Ronaldinho dances when he gets the ball! Dida flies! Kaka works his magic and the whole team has the greatest smiles on their faces (showing their severe need for braces! :). I may not be a soccer fan, but I am definitely the newest World Cup Soccer Fanatic! Ukraine plays Italy at noon today. I know exactly how many minutes it takes me to get my lunch and meet N. in front of the screen. I took vaccation time this morning to watch Germany defeat Argentina. Que Joga Bonito, ne?

3 comments:

Seth said...

kaijsa, you rock. this post totally made me laugh out loud.

Seth said...

http://www.curt-davis.com/mix/ - a nice brazil-inspired mix of tunes for ya...

Juliana said...

Hey Chica,

Ryan's in Brazil and I am jealous. But I also got hooked to the soccer games too! Anyway my blog addressed has changed to julspage.blogspot.com