7 years ago
Friday, March 10, 2006
Universal Studios!
It turns out that living in CA does have its perks - the Universal Studios, Hollywood local discount, for example. We got a free ticket in the mail along with a coupon for $15 off a regular ticket (normally $55). It was pretty fun to see Spiderman, Shrek, and Frankenstein wandering around. The rides were fun, but ridiculously short. There were only two that I can remember and they were both about a minute in length. The lines were short, as least! The rest of the park is shows - like Shrek 4D, Terminator 3D, and Backdraft, and stuff like that. We did make one very important discovery. I can't see 3D movies in 3D! They passed out 3D glasses, and it was really fun to see the shows, but I don't think it is quite the same. I always wondered what a 3D movie would look like for me, and now I finally know. It looks like any other movie! I could tell when something was supposed to jump out at us, though, because everyone around would jump and squirm and the picture would be outlined kinda funny. It was great fun, though, and I'm glad for the experience! We didn't see any real movie stars, but it we did get to see how they make fake rain, and we saw a flash flood, as well as the actual crash site for the War of the Worlds. It was all quite surreal. We saw everything there was to see in 5-6 hours, so I don't think we'll be going again. It was worth seeing once, though, and you can't beat 64% off!! Next adventure: Disneyland!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree, I have never been, but I would be hard pressed to want to visit again. I am sorry about the 3D thing, but your not missing much, just a headache and the images moving out toward you. AHHH. It would be fun to see you. Have fun in Washington. You and N. looked like you are having a blast!
Post a Comment