Monday, October 03, 2005

Happy Birthday to ME!

And what a happy birthday it was, at that. I got to play "Hot and Cold" before we left for work to find my birthday card. N. had made it by hand - so sweet. My boss bought me a doughnut on the way to work, and gave me a bundt pan and a rolling pin - two things I had bemoaned not having during earlier baking adventures. She's such a sweetheart! When I got to my office, I had to wait outside as there was a sign that read, "No Birthday Girls allowed (yet)." After a few minutes, I was ushered toward my corner that was bursting with color and confetti! Streamers were hanging all over and the admissions committee will be wondering why all the files A-K are full of glitter and confetti! Such a fun surprise! It really lightens up this dark corner, and makes it a fun place to be. My sweet co-worker K. did it for me. For dinner we went to Buca di Bepo's and wandered around the shopping center enjoying the warm evening. Afterwards, I was so tickled to open some fun packages - always exciting! N. got me Rumikub! I had been eyeing it for a while. We've already played it 6 or 7 times. So fun! The best was getting to chat with everyone throughout the day. It's always so nice to be remembered! It's N.'s birthday on Oct. 5th, so I've got some surprises in line for him. He wants to eat fish... keep me posted on any good halibut recipes you've got!

1 comment:

Amelia Bedelia said...

Hey Baby,
After coming back from Sweden, I am BURSTING with fish ideas. I've never eaten so much fish in my life. I've got fish coming out the gills!! Call me!