7 years ago
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Quite the Weekend
It was a wild weekend for N. and I! We figure we have to take advantage of the days we have off and really live it up. We wont be living in So Cal forever, so we've decided to enjoy the opportunity while we have it. Saturday was a slow trip through traffic down to Mexico and a little city called Tijuana! We found a convienient place to park in the States and a bus that would take us in for a good price. We walked our legs off all over the tourist parts of the city and haggled our way into some very good deals. It was quite the adventure for me, who had never haggled for anything before. I mostly took a back seat and watched the master! N. was amazing - and everyone went away happy, for the most part. It's a shame we wont be back for a while because some of the people were so nice and friendly - I would have liked to make friends with some of them. We ended up with a beautiful clay pot, a pair of beautiful blue earings, a leather wallet, and four very sore legs the next day. Sunday was a blessed day of rest! Monday, however, it was on the road again as we headed for the beach in Santa Monica. We got up early so we could get the free parking and just slept in the car until the sun was warmer. We bought cool beach hats and walked ourselves silly once more. Up and down the beach we went, from Santa Monica to Venice and Muscle beach and back again. There were all sorts of street shops and performers and we had a blast! The ocean was fun to play in and the sun felt so good. What a fun couple we are turning out to be!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always knew you had some gypsy in you... It seems all you needed was someone to drive the caravan! I'm glad you two are having fun. Now remember, I love corral and turquise necklaces, rings and bracelots. Oh, and leather anything. Oh, and size 8.5 shoes! And silver, anything silver. Oh and...
Post a Comment